High school students taking on-campus courses are subject to the same registration policies as other UConn non-degree students. This includes:

  • An eight-credit limit per term
  • A later registration period than degree students- See full registration schedule for details.
  • Registration based on a space availability

Because seating is limited, it is highly recommended that all registration documentation be submitted for review at least two weeks prior to the start of the registration period. If approved, your registration request will then be submitted for processing on the first day of non-degree registration.

Registration Schedule:

Term Level Application Registration Period
Open Close Open Close (last day to drop)
Fall 2023 Undergraduate August 1 September 8 August 14 September 11
Winter Session Undergraduate October 16 October 23 Winter Session
Spring 2023 Undergraduate December 5 January 27 January 3 January 30
Summer 2023 Undergraduate February 6 February 13 Summer Session Add/Drop Date

To register:

  1. Select the course(s) you want to take.ECE students in lab
  2. Complete a Visiting/Non-Degree application online.
  3. View the Dual Enrollment Orientation.
  4. Download and complete the Dual Enrollment Registration Form including the acknowledgment that you have reviewed the orientation.
  5. Meet with your school counselor to obtain the additional documentation you will need:
    1. Letter of recommendation (from your school counselor or from instructor in field of the requested course)
    2. High School Transcript
    3. Copy of P/SAT scores (Waived until 2023-2024 due to COVID-19) 
  6. Scan all requested documents to:

You will be notified of the approval or denial of your registration request by the Office of Early College Programs shortly after submission of your materials. Once approved, you will be enrolled manually in the requested course. An e-mail registration confirmation and e-bill will sent upon completion of this final step.

6. Pay your bill. Dual enrollment students pay the Non-Degree fees (Storrs Campus or Regional Campus). If you are unable to pay for the course or choose not to take the course, you must formally drop the course. To do so you must e-mail your request to drop the course by the published refund deadlines. Failure to properly drop the course or make payment will result in referral to a collection agency.